Farm Box- ORDER WINDOW HAS CLOSED
Thank you so much for participating in our Farm Box fundraiser. The order window has closed. If you placed an order, you will receive an email confirmation along with instructions from us in the next few days.
Have you heard of Community Supported Agriculture or CSA? CSA programs provide farm fresh produce boxes that are gathered by local farms and sold to folks for a reduced price, keeping the supply chain between local farms and consumers open. Since the produce is grown locally and often picked within a day of delivery it's typically much fresher than grocery store produce.
Yasukochi Family Farms is partnering with VIDA PTA for a farm box fundraiser! A portion of your farm box purchase will go back to the VIDA PTA! This is a great opportunity to support our local community and our school.
Pickup day and time is:
Thursday, March 25th from 3pm-5pm
Thursday, 3/18 at 8am
A regular box ($25) is a the smaller sized option and is great for 1-3 people. Both boxes are filled with a with a similar variety of fruits and vegetables (13-15 different items) but less of each item in the Regular Box.
A Jumbo box ($35) is the larger sized box with many of the same great variety of fruits and vegetables (13-15 different items) but about 1.5 times the quantity of the Regular Box (ie: 2 baskets of strawberries vs 1 basket (regular) or 1.5 lbs of beans vs 1 lb of beans (regular). We recommend the Jumbo Box for families of 4-6 people for the week.
Donate a Box to a Family in Need
With your $25 donation, a regular box will be donated to a family in need. No need to be there on pickup day, we take care of getting the box to the family.
What you can expect in each box:
- A box of farm fresh produce grown using responsible farming methods.
- Most products grown using organic farming methods when possible. All products are grown by responsible food & safety conscious farmers.
- The majority of the freshly picked produce is grown by Yasukochi Family Farms located in Oceanside and other local partner growers. We may supplement staples as needed.
- Boxes will be available for pick up on Thursday, March 25th between 3-5pm.
- Boxes are catered to each season and will be given a variety of handpicked produce
- Each Box will contain 11-15 different produce items